- Price: $599.00
- Duration: 3- Days
- Dec 12, 2014 - Phoenix, AZ Joe Foss Shooting Range Buckeye, AZ
- Feb 20, 2015 - Phoenix, AZ Joe Foss Shooting Range Buckeye, AZ
- Apr 24, 2015 - Phoenix, AZ Joe Foss Shooting Range Buckeye, AZ
- Jun 26, 2015 - Phoenix, AZ Joe Foss Shooting Range Buckeye, AZ
- Oct 16, 2015 - Phoenix, AZ Joe Foss Shooting Range Buckeye, AZ
Are you a good candidate?
There are some specific requirements necessary to be eligible.
- Applicant must be a woman at least 21 years of age
- Proof of good character...whereas the applicant:
- has not been convicted of a felony;
- has not been convicted of any crime of violence;
- has not been convicted of any offense involving domestic violence;
- has not been adjudicated by a court of a state or of the United States as mentally incompetent, unless the adjudication has been withdrawn or reversed
- This class is for experienced shooters with the aptitude, knowledge, skills, and attitude it requires to become a successful The Well Armed Woman/NRA certified pistol instructor. Candidates must possess and demonstrate a solid background in firearm safety and shooting skills acquired through previous firearm training and/or previous shooting experience.
- Applicant must be able to present themselves professionally, both in appearance and in action.
- This is not a course to simply improve and build on your skills and knowledge, it is designed to get women instructors out in the field actively teaching women. Applicant must desire to do what it takes to begin teaching as soon as possible.
TWAW/NRA Instructor Course
Finally, an instructor course designed for women! As more American women choose to exercise their right to own a firearm, so too grows the need for qualified women instructors to train them as only a woman can. Join our team of female instructors that are changing the way women are trained and changing the industry!!
The Well Armed Woman recognizes that women are different! We think differently, we communicate differently, our bodies are very different and we live out our lives as gun owners differently. These differences are best addressed in firearms training designed for women and taught by women. You can be the vital element in meeting this need by becoming a The Well Armed Woman and NRA Certified Instructor.
Our 3-day Instructor Development Workshop will provide you with The Well Armed Woman Instructor Certification and NRA Certifications for Pistol, & Personal Protection In The Home. This course is available to women shooters able to show mastery of the basic skills of safe gun handling and a passion to teach women.
We believe these certifications along with our woman specific curriculum will provide you with the skills and training necessary to comprehensively usher women into a safe and proficient life of firearm ownership and self protection.
As a graduate, you are eligible to become part of The Well Armed Woman's network of Certified Instructors and receive the unmatched support and resources you need to build your training business. As such, The Well Armed Woman will promote you and your business as an instructor and work with you as you grow. Each graduate will also receive a listing on The Well Armed Woman Instructor listing page for 1 yr. as well as the ability to attend higher level trainings and certifications. As an NRA Certified Instructor you will be able to freely teach NRA programs available with your Pistol Certification, independently anywhere in the country.
What some our gratudates think:
The value of the TWAW instructor training was really brought home to me this past weekend, after running some permit courses with a male senior instructor. Being a woman myself is not enough, because we don't all react in the same way. But my TWAW training helped me recognize the difference between fear and reluctance, and between ignorance and lack of ability. A few ladies were dismissed by the male instructor as "problems" who "didn't want to be there anyway". But when I stepped in with coaching, patience, and reassurance, they walked out proud, more confident, and with a comfortable PASS. When I addressed their questions and concerns instead of simply repeating my instructions, they gained the knowledge they needed to understand the coaching. I was so grateful to have these tools, and to Carrie for putting together for us. We need them - and med need them too - because women deserve to be understood and encouraged to become confident and powerful, so they can maintain safety in their environment.
" Not only did the training prepare me to be a good instructor and gain confidence in my self, but it also focused on ways to help women learn and feel comfortable."
Course of Instruction
Pistol Instructor Training
Students will be trained and receive NRA official certification to teach in the classroom and on the range to effectively instruct shooters in the firearm basics of revolvers and semi-automatic pistols, safe gun handling; pistol parts and operation; ammunition; shooting fundamentals; range rules; shooting positions; cleaning the pistol; and continued opportunities for skill development. This course will develop you as an NRA instructor, who possesses the knowledge, skills, and attitude necessary to conduct the NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Course.
Personal Protection In The Home
Students will be trained and receive NRA official certification to teach the basic knowledge, skills, and attitude essential to teach the safe and efficient use of a handgun for protection of self and family, and to provide information on the law-abiding individual's right to self-defense.
Students will learn to teach basic defensive shooting skills, strategies for home safety and how to respond to a violent confrontation, firearms and the law, how to choose a handgun for self-defense, and continued opportunities for skill development.
Women Teaching Women
Students will learn what women need to know and how as an instructor, to respond to their fears and misunderstandings of firearms. Students will learn how to help them avoid some of the common "bad habits" women tend to have along with techniques that are effective with women students. Students will be prepared to respond to issues that are important to women, such as:
- Firearms and children
- Holstering for concealed carry
- Safe storage
- Handgun (in a case or strong side hip holster)
- Magazines or speedloaders for handgun (at least 2)
- Owner's Manual for handgun (optional)
- Ammunition for handgun (at least 2 boxes of 50 rounds)
- Eye and Ear protection (prescription glasses are okay)
- Lunch (Snack bar is on premises)
- Knee pads are optional
- Old bath towel or pad (to sit on)